So much is going on right now. Amazing things! My little angel is growing like a weed. She does something new everyday. My favorite time of the day is when she wakes up in the morning in between us sleeping. The first thing she does is look at Papa to see if he is awake yet. If he isn’t, she will coo and laugh and talk until he takes a peek at her, then she gives him the biggest smile of the whole day. I love to watch them. I’ve never seen anyone love their Papa like she loves him.
My February has been full of lots of unexpected surprises. One big one that you will have to wait till next post to hear about. But for now, here is what’s going on in my world…
1. The amazing blessing of a king-size bed!!! Only one aspect of my awesome Valentine’s Day. This may have been the only good Valentine’s Day I can remember.
2. Spring has come early, it seems. So I have been filling my house with the beauty of it!
3. My sister brought her 2 year old over for a Valentine Tea Party. I LOVED it! Unfortunately, I got no pictures of Rachel, the two year old, I know, how could I!
4. Lots of time together. We have been so blessed to be able to spend more time together than most families. Joseph’s job schedule allows that we both can be extremely involved in her life and spend lots of time just the two of us as well. What a HUGE blessing!
5. And last, Scarlet is officially eating cereal. She started last week. There was one night that she had it all over her, her hands, and Joseph’s beard. I wish my camera had been around for that. It has become normal to change clothes all three times a day that she eats cereal. You can imagine what my wash room looks like.
Yes, many things are going on. February has been good. I was reading Soulemama’s blog about how dull February gets for her. Not this year in the Suo House, nothing is dull. I remember one year on Valentine’s Day when I worked in a flower shop. I spent three days before Valentine’s Day pulling thorns off of roses. I would go home and soak my hands from all the scratches. The 14th was spent getting every woman in town flowers. It was amazing to see how many husbands and boyfriends would come in and not even care what you gave them. They just knew that they couldn’t go home empty handed. Well, this year was a realization of how incredible it is to have a wonderful, creative, and caring husband in my life that can go above and beyond what I could even think. He did awesome job at being sure that this Valentine’s I would never doubt that I was loved, cared for, and cherished beyond words. Sometimes I think I got the best there is. No one can beat my hubby. 🙂
I hope you had a wonderful February. Spring is just around the corner. I can’t wait to see what this season holds.