Thought I might start doing a list of lovely things I find that are inspiring, something I wish for, or just plain pretty. Hope you enjoy!
1. Came across these moccasins at Darlingtonia Moccosin Company. Sooo cute!
2. I am totally in love with the look of vintage lace right now. I have dreams of using all the bits of lace and doilies that I have collected over the years on everything from sweaters to pillows for my couch…
3. Dreaming about having hair long enough to play and have fun with. My hair grows sooo slow. No matter what I put in it or don’t put in it. No matter how much veggies I eat, my hair grows at the same pace, slow. So, for now, I’m just dreaming.
4. Having fun keeping up with Elsie’s Project Restyle Flickr Page! Lots of amazing ideas and creativity going on!
5. Love following the Blog World of Bleubird and her sweet little family. Her New Years Pics make me giggle. Her hubby reminds me of the guy in The Hangover in this one….
6. Blog Lovin’ is the best and most efficient way that I have seen to keep up with blog reading. It really helped me to be able to clean out all of my toolbar files that I’d been keeping full of blogs, projects, and recipes.
7. I’ve been listening to Frou Frou again. I haven’t heard her in a good while. As soon as I heard “Let Go” it reminded me of my first year being married, being pregnant, and becoming a mama. This video is actually Imogen Heap singing it, but the photography in it is super pretty too.
8. SNOW! I know, I know. I’m probably the only person in NC that wants it to continue to be cold. BUT I have sooo missed REAL winters. I hate how it normally gets up to 70 degrees right before Christmas here and then it “ices” (no actual snow) sometime February and that’s it. Nope! Not this year! This year it’s actually cold enough to wear a coat and has snowed REAL snow several times! Too bad I lost my favorite coat. I found a great replacement at Goodwill tonight, but they wanted 20 bucks. 20 bucks!!! Can you believe that!? For a thrifted coat. I think it’s time to broaden my thrift store horizons and venture out.
9. Amelie and Alice Photography is one of my favorite places to get inspiration for taking pictures of the kiddos. She has some amazing shots! The one above reminds me of a picture I have of myself when I was a little girl. My mom would was dishes and I would stand on a stool ( I was probably 3 or 4), with my apron on, and dry them while we starred out the window and talked. Someone took a picture from behind us. It is one of my favorite things I have from childhood. Check out Amelie’s blog!
10. And lastly, I am totally inspired by all of the women around me who have either had the experience of giving their babies a gentle birthing process, those around me that I have had the privilege of assisting in their amazing journey, and the amazing women that are the “brains” and the experienced that I can call on at any moment to get inspiration, understanding, and encouragement on my own journey to becoming a Doula. I am so excited for every opportunity I have to be a part of the process of a gentle birth. (more on this later….)
Hope you have a great week ahead!